Traditional Kustom Hot Rod and Vintage Culture and design
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Où acheter la display japonaise One Piece Card Game PRB-01 One Piece ...
Voir le deal

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid

4 participants

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid Empty 1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid

Message  Predicta Jeu 13 Déc - 22:44

I took a break from building bikes and the scene for four years. I guess I needed a break for various reasons (my job, no time, sick of billet fat-tire choppers), so I took a much-needed extended vacation from the two-wheeled scene.

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s10

Then, I met my colleague, Richie, and we both shared the same passion. He got my hands dirty again and re-sparked my interest in choppers. So we decided to start up this company I had by the name of Bones Legacy again.

This bike was built in my garage until we found some nice shop space, with the final assembly taking place in our new shop. Thanks to Richie, as none of this would have ever happened with out him.

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s11

Designing the whole concept of this bike was to build an over-the-top radical, retro, early ’70s chopper, and to really go all out and have the best people in the industry help in creating the best possible bike as a group effort. I don’t think that only one person or just one shop can possibly achieve this. Something like this has to be a team effort.

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s12

The frame and frontend was a one-off custom by Factory Metal Works. My idea was to do a rigid frontend since I have not seen one since back in the day. Last year I talked Lucas, the head honcho of Factory Metal Works, into doing this and he said I was crazy. I wanted to do 40 over, but after much deliberating between the two of us, we decided on 30 over.

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s18

As far as the pipes went, I wanted to do something no one else had done before and to have them really stand out in a crowd of raked and flaked bikes. The pipes were kept a closely guarded secret until the very end of the build.

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s13

I have a hard time naming bikes, however I named this bike after one of my favorite bands; a black metal band from Norway dubbed Satyricon.

We contacted Blue Moon Kustoms for the paint and discussed the ideas we were looking for. Let’s just say they were picking up what I was putting down.

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s19

I can’t say enough about how perfect the motor came out, especially the head. Not to mention that the detailing of the inner fins is impeccable. Dan from Franz and Grubb put all his love into it and it really shows.

The first time I rode this machine was for this here photoshoot with no practice. To tell you the truth, it rides nice and is quite a blast from the past. Hitting a bump in the road for the first time was a new experience due to the fact that the frontend flexes instead of collapsing like conventional frontend.

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s20

I am very happy with the outcome of the bike and it was worth everything we put into it. With that in mind, the hard work really paid off, which is good since the bike will be used to showcase what Bones Legacy is all about. We’ll see ya out there. STC

article complet: http://www.streetchopperweb.com/features/1209_stcp_1966_triumph_bonneville_rigid/

Dernière édition par Predicta le Jeu 13 Déc - 22:49, édité 1 fois

Admin

http://kustomkingdom.blogspot.fr/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid Empty Re: 1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid

Message  Predicta Jeu 13 Déc - 22:45

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s14

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s15

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s16

1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 1209-s17

Admin

http://kustomkingdom.blogspot.fr/

Message  Jerry Yankee Jeu 13 Déc - 23:03

la croix gammée dans le feux AR confused scratch ?! ...........................

Message  BlackSheep Jeu 13 Déc - 23:18

Ouais, sur ce coup je me pose la question aussi... Sinon, chouette engin, mais perso j'aurais peur de le casser tant la fourche est longue et fine 1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 3703615644
BlackSheep
BlackSheep

https://www.facebook.com/CeliaHCreations

Message  Jerry Yankee Jeu 13 Déc - 23:34

BlackSheep a écrit:Ouais, sur ce coup je me pose la question aussi... Sinon, chouette engin, mais perso j'aurais peur de le casser tant la fourche est longue et fine 1966 Triumph Bonneville Rigid 3703615644
...............................................et moi embroché quelqu'un avec le Sisy-bar lol! !

Message  custom 56 Ven 14 Déc - 8:40

vraiment tres beau ce chop :love:

a conduire ça doit etre du sport mais ça m'étonnerait qui roule beaucoup
pour la croix gammée au état unis le nazismes n'est pas interdit et ça aurait tres bien pu etre un délire d'époque dans les 70's :bah:
custom 56
custom 56

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé