Traditional Kustom Hot Rod and Vintage Culture
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -21%
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, ...
Voir le deal
39.59 €
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen - Gordy Brown

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Empty 1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen - Gordy Brown

Message  Predicta Sam 11 Oct - 4:53

Designed by Gordy Brown for owner Scott Andersen. 75% of the build was performed by Gordy Brown.
Gordy Brown : The inspiration for the car came from two of My first Glasstops "The Time Traveler" 1st and My Candy Red 54 2nd

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Tdyrsd10

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Trtyry10

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Tydr10

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Tytdyd10

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Xxwsgx10

Dernière édition par Predicta le Ven 1 Mai - 8:36, édité 1 fois

Admin

http://kustomkingdom.blogspot.fr/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Empty Re: 1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen - Gordy Brown

Message  Predicta Sam 11 Oct - 4:53

1954 Ford Total 50's Radical Custom
1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  _57184
This is flat out a drop dead gorgeous "one-off" custom build !! The build on this car took 7.5 years to complete and the attention to detail and quality is amazing. I've attached a write-up that the gentleman (Burt) who built the car prepared shortly before he passed away nearly 3 years ago. The car is truly a testament of the love and passion he had for her. Thousands of hours and excellent craftsmanship went into this incredible example of a true "old school" custom build…not to mention a LOT of money! I purchased two vehicles (including this one) from his widow who shared many stories of the years of enjoyment she and her husband had showing this beautiful car. I'm selling this one so that I can focus on finishing the other car.
1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Ddgfdg10
"Fine Wine", as he named her, has a long and solid history as a car show favorite with dozens of "Best of Show" trophies and awards of all kinds. I took her down to the Ed "Big Daddy" Roth 2014 Reunion and Car Show in Manti, UT where it drew more attention then I could have imagined. People of all ages absolutely loved the car. Dennis Gage, from the show "My Classic Car", was at the show and I was overwhelmed with his interest and admiration for the car. I had the privledge of being filmed and interviewed by him about the car and it's history. The episode featuring the car and the car show will air in Spring 2015. I'm proud to say that the car won "Artists Choice" Award just 15 minutes after the show started! I had several guys come up to me during the show who had old school chop top backgrounds and told me how amazing the chop on this car is. They all said it was done right and with great attention to detail.
1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Drsyr10
This past weekend I took the car down to Los Angeles to the famous Pomona Swap Meet and Car Show. The reactions of spectators and participants was incredible and so was the attention the car got all day long. It is by far the most "attention grabbing/crowd drawing" car I've ever owned. Once again, I had several people talk with me during the show who had experience in builds such as this car and they confirmed what others have said … the car was done right and the body work is laser straight. The week before the Pomona show I attended another car show (Lindon Days) here in Utah that had 325+ cars entered and once again it won an award shortly into the show. This just confirms the car's winning history at car shows.
1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Drtss10
Burt completed the build in the early '90's and spent nearly 20 years taking the car to shows. There are 27, YES 27, coats of lacquer on this car! The paint is unbelievably deep and has a mirror finish.
1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Drydsy10
1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Drysdr10

Admin

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Empty Re: 1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen - Gordy Brown

Message  Predicta Sam 11 Oct - 4:54

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Drytu10
“FINE WINE”

1954 FORD 2 DR GLASSTOP

TOTAL 50’S RADICAL CUSTOM

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Dsxgfg10

Started out as a ’54 Victoria.

All panels were hand made and welded in.

Top was chopped 2 ¼” and Skyliner glass top was inserted.

This top was found in California and was full of rust.

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Dxdsrt10

3 tops were used to accomplish this as all stainless had to be cut or extended.

A form was made and both the top and back window had to be molded out of plastic.

Headlights were frenched out of ’53 Ford headlights.

Upper grille bar was welded to fenders and spotlights were floated on a bar to make grille.

Park lights are ’54 Ford.

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Gsgfsd10

Both bumpers had ’58 Cadillac inserts welded in bumpers and bolts were welded in ’54 Ford bumpers.

All four hood corners were rounded and all seams welded.

Door handles and locks were removed as well as hood ornaments.

Door corners were rounded.

Screw motors were installed in doors to open.

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Rdrd10

Air scoops were welded in quarter panels and ’53 Merc teeth were cut and fit inside the scoops.

Antenna was frenched.

Admin

Message  Predicta Sam 11 Oct - 4:55

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Rdrsrt10

’53 Merc rear window plates were cut down and installed in roof.

’55 Ford station wagon stainless was installed on sides of car.

Skirts were made to fit inside wheel opening from ’51 Ford skirts.

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Rdts10

’56 Buick Roadmaster taillights were installed and all seams welded.

License plate filler was removed with gas tank filler inside trunk.

Deck lid was shaved of all chrome and emblems.

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Srtsry10

Frame was channeled in rear and 6” lowering blocks installed with air shocks and compressor on board to lower and raise car to get through gutters, etc.

Blocks were made for ball joints on front end and 1 ½ coils cut, this lowered car 8” with a stock ride.

A 1956 Ford Thunderbird 312 C.I.D. engine was installed with three 2bbl carburetors.

All parts that could be were chromed under hood.

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Srtstr10
Interior was tuck and rolled white and burgundy naugahyde.

Steering column was taken out and chromed as well as clutch and brake pedals.

Transmission is a 3 speed with overdrive.

All new rubber was installed throughout car.

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Ssstsr10

Car was painted with 27 coats of lacquer with Black base, Platinum Pearl, and Candy Brandy Wine over that.

The interior was the same with white base.

Car was totally put together with parts from cars made in the ‘50’s. It is driven to all events in town.

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  Tdyrdr10

Car took 7 ½ years to build.

It runs 15” radial tires with Dodge Lancer hubcaps and original Appleton Spotlights with handles.

Car was pinstriped and was cloned from a ’54 Ford Skyliner I had in High School.

Admin

Message  Predicta Mer 4 Fév - 22:48

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  16218410

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  16218411

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  16404011

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  16404012

1954 Ford - Fine Wine - Scott Andersen  - Gordy Brown  16404811

Admin

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé