Traditional Kustom Hot Rod and Vintage Culture
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Google Pixel 7 5G – Smartphone 6,3″ OLED FHD+ 8 Go + 128 Go
316 €
Voir le deal
Le Deal du moment : -23%
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G6 – Alimentation PC 100% ...
Voir le deal
77.91 €

Other makers hot rod

Other makers hot rod Empty Other makers hot rod

Message  Predicta Dim 12 Jan - 20:55

Other makers hot rod _5783

1936 International Harvestor Traditional Hot Rod Pickup Truck
Here we have for sale a beautiful 1936 International Harvestor traditional hot rod rat rod pickup truck. This is been my pride and joy for many many years now and now it is time for her to go. The truck looks killer and the stance is perfect on the truck. The truck has a perfect angle chop to give it that fast look just standing still. The truck cab has been channeled too to sit over the custom made chassis which accents the overall look of the truck. The truck has been chopped with an approximately 1" difference from the front to back and that is how the truck gets that angled chop that looks so good. The whole chassis was custom fabricated. It is built with reliability and stability in mind. You can safely take the truck down the highway at any speed and hit bumps and holes in the road and not have to worry about the integrity of the frame. The truck was built with reliability in mind and as the number one priority. I have been to the Bonneville Salt Flats seven times and with those long distance drives, 800miles round trip, there has never been an issue.

Other makers hot rod Dggs10

I drive the truck all summer and fall long with no issues whatsoever to speak of. Like I said before, this truck was built with reliability as the priority. I wanted to be able to drive the truck without having any issues that would keep me from getting to where I wanted to go. Its no fun having your Hot Rod broken down on the side of the road. Back to the chassis, the chassis has been z'd both front and back to give it even more of a lowered stance. The rear end is z'd almost 16"! The back suspension was designed and fabricated for coil over springs. What a nice ride it makes the truck when your driving down the street or cruising at 85MPH down the freeway. The original 1936 International grille has been sectioned to look proportional to the lower stance of the chopped cab. The whole entire drive train is from a 1966 Buick Wildcat. The engine is a rebuilt 1966 Buick Nailhead 425ci. The transmission is the automatic SP400. Then the big beefy rear end is out of the same Buick. It all fit very nicely when building the frame. The Buick drivetrain is reliable and fast! The nailhead was rebuilt to factory specs by the previous owner that I bought it from.

Other makers hot rod Eu10

I stripped a 1966 Buick Wildcat and took the rebuilt engine, transmission and rear end to use in my truck. The nailhead has factory OEM Buick GS polished finned aluminum valve covers. The six deuce intake is an original 1960's Offenhauser Intake that has too been polished. The six Holley 94 carburetors are all nice but I am only running the center two carburetors. I just recently had the carburetor and ignition system tuned up. The truck idols like a kitten and absolutely screams if you put your foot into the gas pedal. There is a finned aluminum valley pan. The carbs are topped with Boettger stainless air cleaners. I had a custom made sheet metal fan shroud built by a well renown sheet metal builder in town.
Other makers hot rod Rsrts10

The exhaust manifolds are ceramic heat coated and are original. The exhaust pipes are custom made by an exhaust company in town and are straight pipes. The truck, in my opinion sounds amazing. The nailhead rumbles like no other engine I have ever driven. The wheels on the truck are extremely rare to find 18" front and 20" rear Dodge accessory high clearance wheels off of a 1936 Dodge car and truck. They have been powder coated and pin striped. Those are some of the most sought after wheels because they are so unbelievably scarce. They look killer on the truck and I think they really do it justice. The suicide front end is built very nicely. The front brakes are all custom built with original 1946-1948 Ford backing plates mated to 1966 Buick 45 finned aluminum brake drums.

Other makers hot rod Rsts10
There was a lot machining to get those all to work. Then the original Ford hubs were redrilled to match the bolt pattern of the Dodge Divco milk truck wheels which is 5x4.5. The axle was professionally dropped by Okie Joe's axles. 

Other makers hot rod Ryt10

They dropped a Model A axle 4" for me. The front spring is a reverse eye spring that is actually brand new from posies. The lighting on the truck is too some extremely valuable and rare Electroline head lights and tail lights. They are matching vintage and both look the part on the truck. Take a look at those front head lights and all of their Art Deco styling.

Admin

http://kustomkingdom.blogspot.fr/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Other makers hot rod Empty Re: Other makers hot rod

Message  Predicta Dim 12 Jan - 20:58

Other makers hot rod Tydeyt10
The are cool huh? They are rare accessory headlights and tail lights from the day. The Electroline tail lights are powder coated too. The gas tank is a spun aluminum 10 gallon tank. On the freeway I can go approximately two hours or 160+- miles. The truck gets very good gas milage on the freeway.

Other makers hot rod Wdfwf10

I am guessing that the large diameter wheels help a lot! The tires were bought from Coker tire. The front is a Firestone ribbed dirt track tire and the rear is there 600x20 Firestone Deluxe Champion tire. The rear tail gate on the truck was custom made. The rear bed sides are from a 1946 Dodge pickup truck that have been heavily modified to make look just right on the truck. The doors open and close nicely.

Other makers hot rod Wdfwgf10

The interior is very bare bones. It was all custom built. The floors and tranny tunnel were all custom built. The cab was re-enforced with steel to make it very sturdy. The interior bomber seats were actually NOS, NewOld Stock from WWII when I installed on in my truck. The seat belts are 3" green bomber seat belts from WWII and they too were also NOS that I pulled out of a box to use on the truck. The entire interior was rhino-lined   to make for easy cleaning and it gives it a nice uniformed look. The shifter is from Lokar and fits rather well in the truck. The dash has all been powder coated. The gauges are very rare Stewart Warner Police Special Speedometer and a Stewart Warner 8,000RPM tach. They are both 5" in diameter gauges and give the dash a great look! Neither one are hooked up. I have a couple more Stewart Warner gauges under the steering column. They are oil pressure and water temperature. The cowl steering was used with the original International Ross steering box.

Other makers hot rod Wqreqe10

The steering is very nice when driving a speed down the freeway. The distributor has the Pertronix kit installed, so no more points! The wiring on the whole entire truck was professionally installed. I wanted the wiring to be top notch so I could be assured that wiring problems were not going to be an issue and in seven years, not one issue. The truck was pinstriped and had a logo put on the door by a professional pin striper in Reno.

Other makers hot rod Xdg10

Admin

Other makers hot rod Empty 1927 Nash Homebuilt Boattail - Scratch-Built Boattail

Message  Predicta Mer 19 Fév - 14:07

It's gone now. Chris Casny's '27 Nash/Ford (it's really a little bit of everything) roadster, well known in Southern California just as, "the boattail," has been sold to a Texas collector and is off to the Lone Star State.
Other makers hot rod 0906ph10
For the past year and a half, Chris' completely handbuilt car has been spotted at just about every traditional hot rod event around--from the the West Coast Kustoms Cruisin' Nationals in Paso Robles to Back to the Beach and the Primer Nationals in Ventura. But even before then, the roadster was known worldwide on the Internet. Participants on the Jalopy Journal's HAMB message board witnessed the boattail's progress from conception to completion, and even contributed to its creation.
Other makers hot rod 0906ph11
The cowl was purchased at the Pomona swap meet two years ago, and was the starting point for the whole car (and the single piece of Nash sheetmetal on it). At the time, Chris didn't know what it was from, so he posted a photo on the HAMB and soon had his answer.
The rear of the car really is no boattail at all, but the hood from a '52 F-1 panel truck that Chris had driven in the past. Just about everything in between is completely handcrafted. There was no long planning period and no concept illustrations, he told us. Every detail moved from imagination to fabrication as quickly as he could make it happen. "Once I cut up the hood and cowl there was no turning back," he said. "I knew people were going to either love it or hate it. I was never that guy who takes the safe road."
Although Chris did all the work, he is quick to give credit--and thanks--to the many HAMB members who helped with encouragement and technical assistance. "Without these guys I could not have done it. When I had a problem, they would give me advice. When I needed motivation, they gave me a good kick in the butt and told me to continue building. Thanks brothers and sisters." In return for the free advice, Chris reciprocated by posting photographs of the ongoing project and providing step-by-step information on how he built a lot of the pieces.
The one-man, nine-month, $9,000, one-of-a-kind roadster was finished just in time for the Back to the Beach show in the spring of 2007. Since then we've seen Chris and the boattail all over the place--and finally got to shoot this feature just days before the car headed to Texas.
Other makers hot rod 0906ph12
"This was the first time I built a car from scratch and it was a real struggle," Chris admitted, "but it was worth it. The amount of pride you have when you drive a car you worked so hard for is amazing. And I can safely say, I did not just assemble this car, I built it!"
Other makers hot rod 0906ph13

[*]Rod & Custom Feature Car
[/list]
Owner contact info: ccasny@sbcglobal.net

Chris Casny
Burbank, California
1927 Nash Homebuilt Boattail

Chassis
You can't buy frames for '27 Nash/Ford hood boattail roadsters from the aftermarket, so Chris had to build his own from 2x3, 1/8-inch wall tubing. The rails are Z'd in the back to drop the body over the '86 Ford 8.8-inch rearend, with 3.73:1 gears, hanging on a set of coilovers. The friction shocks we saw on the front of the car at its debut in Ventura have been replaced with the tubular variety on a Super Bell frontend. His cowl steering system uses a late-Sixties Dodge Dart manual box and a homebuilt column and cool-looking pitman arm. Front discs and rear drums do the stopping.
Other makers hot rod 0906ph16
Drivetrain
As with everything else on the boattail, Chris built the Ford 302 engine, retaining the stock internals and feeding fuel and air through a single Edelbrock 600cfm four-barrel on an Offenhauser 360-degree intake manifold, and firing the mixture with an electronic ignition. That custom Nash air cleaner cover was a hubcap in a former life; the valve covers are from Cal Custom. The zoomie headers are packed with homemade baffles built from 1-inch diameter 16-gauge, punched with a pneumatic chisel. The '92 Ford AOD transmission, built by Larry at Crabtree Automatics in Burbank, is one piece Chris didn't build or modify himself--although using an old water pump handle for a shifter was his idea.
Wheels & Tires
The Moon Saturn discs were snap-ons before Chris removed the clips and machined them down to fit. He drilled and tapped into the 16-inch Ford steelies and attached each cover with three aircraft fasteners. The rims are reversed, so the valve stems are accessible on the inner side. The skinny Firestone bias-plies are 6.00s and 7.50s.
Body & Paint
The '27 Nash cowl in front and the rear-facing '52 Ford panel truck hood in back establish the shape of the roadster body. The fabricated sheetmetal shell was constructed around a 3/4-inch square tube frame that Chris created. During construction, the roadster had owner-built operable doors, but when his wife, Gloria, got in by stepping over the doors, Chris decided to weld them shut. The grille is believed to be a from a Twenties-era International Harvester tractor. The '59 Cadillac taillights were contoured into the rear, with Dietz headlights added in front. The Jaguar gas filler cap and the ornament on the deck were selected because they fit the contours, and the overall style of the car. Chris shot everything in monochrome silver basecoat. The windshield posts draw a lot of attention wherever the car goes. Chris says he couldn't find Hallock-style posts that would work with the cowl so, being a furniture maker by trade, he decided to carve his own posts out of mahogany.
Other makers hot rod 0906ph15
Interior
Chris built the seats from half-inch plywood, working from cardboard templates, then adding the webbing, foam, and batting. The covers are made of green waterproof tarp material from an army surplus store--all attached with staples and glue. Gloria taught him how to use a sewing machine so he could stitch up the door panel pockets, decorated with embroidered emblems from Nash apparel. The sanitary dash contains only a speedometer and a small quad gauge. The Nautalloy Aquabird aluminum steering wheel is a boat wheel from the Fifties. Seems appropriate, doesn't it?

Admin

Message  Predicta Mer 19 Fév - 14:11

Other makers hot rod 0906ph17

Other makers hot rod 0906ph18

Other makers hot rod 0906ph19

Other makers hot rod 0906ph20

Other makers hot rod 0906ph21

Admin

Other makers hot rod Empty 1934 Studebaker hot rod

Message  Predicta Jeu 27 Mar - 7:10

Other makers hot rod 12259910

Other makers hot rod 12259911

Other makers hot rod 12259912

Other makers hot rod 12259913

Other makers hot rod 12260110

Other makers hot rod 12260310

Admin

Other makers hot rod Empty 1930 Hudson hotrod pick up

Message  Predicta Mar 20 Mai - 5:32

Other makers hot rod _57242
1930 Hudson sedan cut down to a pickup cab, model a box, suicide doors, removable top insert, flat black epoxy primer, 3 by 4 custom built frame z ed front and rear body chanelled over frame, sbc 350 350 turbo lobar shifter, three deuce intake,running of center carb,500 cfm, ford nine inch 3.50 gears. Open carrier,aluminum radiator model a grill shell, speedway drop axle with 54 chevy front spindles and drums. Small box heater.. Truck has been together since 2006 and has been to several shows and events on the east coast, motor was freshened in 2010 and has had limited mileage since rebuild ( 3000 miles) truck stops steers and drive very nice.
Other makers hot rod Ezfez10

Other makers hot rod Ffez10

Other makers hot rod Frefre12

Other makers hot rod Frr10

Other makers hot rod Rferre10

Admin

Message  Predicta Mar 20 Mai - 5:33

Other makers hot rod Rfrefe10

Other makers hot rod Sdf12

Admin

Other makers hot rod Empty 1920 STUDEBAKER HOT ROD

Message  Predicta Mar 12 Aoû - 19:46

Other makers hot rod _57179
*Fresh 327 .030 over Hyperactive pistons

*Engine Block #3782870 (1965 Corvette 327 )

*Chet Herbert 280 degrees-.480" cam, bumpy.

*Double roller timing chain

*High volume oil pump

*LT-1 aluminum heads modified for early engine

*Edelbrock Performer intake manifold

*600 Holley double pumper carb

Other makers hot rod Dvdfg10

*Saginaw 4 speed - new clutch

*Ford 9" rear-end, 3.89 gears w/ factory locker

*Model A front axle, wish bones, new spindles and kingpins. 5x5.5 bolt pattern

*Speedway disc brake kit front. Drum rear.

*GM 525 steering box

*New dual master cylinder

*Pro shocks front, stock rear.

Other makers hot rod Dvs10

*Frame-Boxed Model T and box tubing. Z'd and kicked

*Model A front spring, Model T rear

Other makers hot rod Fgthjs10

*Speedway Roadster headers

*Model A grille shell

*New Spun Aluminum fuel cell

Other makers hot rod Qs10

*Runs nice and cool - solid fan

Other makers hot rod Tegre10

*Original 1920 Studebaker Steel body (with bumps and bruises, but no dents.. the body is 94 years old)) - Modified Touring and gel coated

*Custom upholstery

*New gauges, steering wheel, Sun tach

*New Rocket Aluminum wheels with new White walls all around (Firestone in front and Coker in the rear)

Other makers hot rod Xcdsc10

Admin

Other makers hot rod Empty 1938 custom chopped packard 2dr coupe

Message  Predicta Mar 7 Oct - 5:00

Other makers hot rod _57252
1938 custom chopped Packard coupe-- along with this chick magnet is a 350ci Automatic - with shaved doors / with electric door poppers tinted windows hod rod black-

Other makers hot rod Csqdq10

Other makers hot rod Ddfsdf10

Other makers hot rod Dfdsfs11

Other makers hot rod Dsfd11

Other makers hot rod Dsg10

Admin

Message  Predicta Mar 7 Oct - 5:00

Other makers hot rod Dsgg10

Other makers hot rod Fdsf12