Traditional Kustom Hot Rod and Vintage Culture
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents Fnac) Enceinte Bluetooth Marshall Stanmore II Noir
199.99 € 249.99 €
Voir le deal

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers

+2
Péluts
Predicta
6 participants

Page 2 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty 1942 Harley KnuckleHead

Message  Predicta Dim 30 Mar - 20:58

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 12353210

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 12353410

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 12353711

Dernière édition par Predicta le Dim 30 Mar - 21:13, édité 1 fois

Admin

http://kustomkingdom.blogspot.fr/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobbers & Bobbers choppers

Message  Predicta Dim 30 Mar - 21:08

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 12343110

Admin

Message  Predicta Jeu 3 Avr - 6:41

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 1-195110

Admin

Message  Predicta Mer 2 Juil - 22:00

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 10452310

Admin

Message  Predicta Dim 6 Juil - 19:15

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 0136

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 0237

Admin

Message  EL TEX Lun 28 Juil - 7:21

Original, non ?

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 28.14
EL TEX
EL TEX

Message  Predicta Mar 29 Juil - 4:45

Oui plutôt  Shocked 
Des photos du  début 1960's - Kansas city

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 10402411

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 10523911

Admin

Message  Predicta Mar 5 Aoû - 21:26

Dustin Olson's V12 Lincoln Flathead Motorcycles

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 10465411

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 10481510

Dernière édition par Predicta le Mer 6 Aoû - 5:49, édité 1 fois

Admin

Message  mika Mar 5 Aoû - 21:58

v12 Lincoln pour la derniere  Wink 
mika
mika

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty 1950 Nimbus Bobber

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 5:56

mika a écrit:v12 Lincoln pour la derniere  Wink 
C'est modifié , merci :super:  : 
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Cf7w4910
Kim Scholer’s Nimbus Bobber is one striking bike. When he’s not riding it around Japan, you can find him cruising the roads of Denmark. We asked him a few questions about this interesting build.

What kind of motorcycle is a Nimbus?

It’s the only Danish bike produced in large numbers, and it was used for just about everything. 750 cc ohc straight four engine, 22 bhp, shaft drive, steel strip frame riveted together. They built 12,000 of them from 1934 through 1959, with only few changes. This is good for the spares situation, so an estimated 8,000 have survived. The papers for this one says 1950, but there are bits and pieces from many other years.

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 1950-n10

Why did you choose a Nimbus?

Mainly because it’s slow and reliable. I tend to go too fast when riding modern bikes, so for safety and to keep my license, this is better. It’ll cruise all day at 50 mph. My other bikes – an XS650 and a couple of MZs – aren’t particularly fast either. In addition to that, I really dislike wrenching, and I’m not too good at it anyway. Impractical when I prefer old bikes, but that’s the way it is. Fortunately Nimbus parts are cheap and easy to find. It’s a bit slow and underbraked these days, but I can still use it as an everyday tool.
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Cf7w5010

Obviously the bike is not stock. What did you change and why?

When it comes to laws about modifying bikes, Denmark ranks somewhere in between North Korea and Burkina Faso, so serious modifications are out of the question. When the bobber craze came back some years ago, I figured I’d go with it, as I could build an almost legal modified one. Besides, I didn’t want to leave it all to the Harleys and Triumphs.

The front fork was cut down about three inches and the plate type handlebar was replaced with a moto-cross type. This was an interim solution, so I could see how the WLA-type bars should be bent. After a while I started to like it this way, so they’ll stay. Switch gear and grips are  from an East German MZ. The stock rear fender is shortened, headlamp is an Indian replica with VW intestines. A fellow Nimbus rider in Florida bought ‘The Peace Tail Light’ on ebay for me. Kickstand is off a Suzuki, and the seat is a stock H-D item, with a Saab door hinge beneath it. I once rode a Nimbus across the USA, after which I swore I’d never go further than the Copenhagen city limits on a stock saddle.
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Nimbus10

18″ Harley rims replaced the stock 19″ ones, and the Avon sidecar tires are chosen because I like the zig-zag pattern. Then there’s the gearbox, a modern four-speed constant mesh item. It cost US$2,600, about a quarter of what the bike is worth now. When I got used to it, suicide foot clutch and hand gear change works fine even in city rush hour traffic.

The stainless steel exhaust system was made to look like that of an Indian Four. It was beautifully done by a friend of mine. Took him three years do do it, though; he’s very good, but he also smokes too much funny stuff.

Did you encounter any problems when building it?

Not really, except my own laziness and a painter who kept screwing up things big time. Before starting this project I drew and redrew the bike probably 50 times, to make sure it’d look right. Unlike with other bikes – Triumphs, Hondas, whatever – if you change one thing on a Nimbus, suddenly eight other things look wrong.

Now it’s much more comfortable than a stock Nimbus, which – being an early 1930′s design – was designed for shorter men than me. When touring I mount a pair of highway pegs out front, so I can stretch my legs once in a while. I’m 55, mind, not 20.

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Cf7w4911

How do people react to the bobber?

Favorably, without exception. Fifteen years ago they would have considered stabbing me at the annual Nimbus Club rally, but these day they all love it. The other vintage guys know I have a few more stock ones, so it’s cool with them too. The police stop me every so often, for other reasons, then once they realize I don’t have ‘fuck you’ written across my forehead, they usually compliment the bike. So far they’ve never mentioned the most obvious irregularities, like the missing front fender. Some years ago I rode it around Japan, where it opened a lot of doors for me, too. [Check out Kim's blog to read about his Japanese road trip]

If Danish laws were less restrictive, what would you build?

Well, in an ideal world I’d hand somebody else my drawings and a blank check, and tell them to have it finished in a year or so. But seriously, my favorite project would be a very long, straight eight Nimbus with hub centre steering, done in steampunk style. I figured it’d take me five to eight years to build, and cost about US$60,000.

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 M-stea10

Somewhat less impossible would be a 1941 Indian Chief, the one with large fenders, rear suspension and the odd spring front fork, and with two Nimbus engines in a 10 degree V shape. One cylinder head turned around so a carb in the center could feed both engines, which of course should be mounted lengthwise. I’ve measured; there is room. Just. Second choice would be the same Chief with a Vincent engine, much like the one made a few years before both companies went tits up. The latter would actually be legal here.

Realistically, there may well be an electric Nimbus in my own future. Also I’m planning to give the XS650 a ’1960′ look, with speedometer in the headlamp, steel rims, shrouded suspension and so forth. There are thousands of fine XS bobbers, XS café racers and XS street trackers out there, but I’m not in the habit of building what everybody else builds.
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Cf7w4912
[Photography by Jeppe Sørensen]
weblink: http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2011/01/08/1950-nimbus-bobber.html#.U-HCOaOQmTk

Admin

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty CHOPPERS AND BOBBERS - COOL ARIEL SQUARE 4 CHOPPER

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:04

How often do you see an Ariel Square 4 chopper? It's been owned by Dave Cummings since 1961. He got it running in 1965, pretty much the way you see it here, and has been riding it ever since. It's totally reliable, easy to start & pretty darned fast! Despite the aggressive stance, the rake is stock & those forks are stock-length. The Anstey-link (plunger-style rear suspension, which came stock on Square 4's at the time) frame sits almost like a rigid, but offers some much-needed travel. No, the whole chopper look is achieved with the peanut tank, banana seat (sounds like the start of a good sundae), and the drags bars.
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 52ari-10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 52ari-11

Admin

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty 1970 TRIUMPH CHOPPER DONE RIGHT

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:13

Owner Brad Prejean of Orange TX writes:

"This is my 1970 Triumph TR6 (650cc) built by TT Cycles in New Jersey. I was fortunate enough to find it for sale on Ebay where I purchased it and had it shipped to Texas. It was a complete ground up build including the engine which starts on the first kick.

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Yb-70t10
The bike sports a stock front loop and rake. The rear is a "TT" six inch stretch. The engine is mainly stock with Hepolite pistons and a single Mikuni VM30 carb. Front suspension is stock sliders with a 21" wheel laced on the original vented
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Yb-70t11
hub with an Avon Speedmaster Mark II 300 tire. The rear 16" wheel on factory hub spins a Shinko 510 tire. TR6 brake drums are slowed by Ferodo shoes. The original fuel tank along with frame and 5" ribbed rear fender is sprayed crimson red with hand painted pinstriping and twisted copper leaf accents. Chrome Barnett hand controls and oval billet mirrors are mounted on 28" chrome drag bars. The rider is seated on an Aidan Originals solo leather seat with a "one-off" stainless steel back rest and pivot. TT Cycles forward foot controls complete the stance. The bobber trumpets exhaustive thunder from the custom upswept pipes.

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Yb-70t12
The bike is a blast to ride once I got accustomed to the reversed foot controls (from my HD). It's a hit at the local bars and Wal Mart....although don't plan toting many purchases home on it!

Gorgeous bike! Thanks, Brad.

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Yb-70t13

Admin

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty 1970 TRIUMPH 650 BOPPER

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:15

This 1970 Triumph 650 chopper wore 5.00 X 16" wheels & tires on blacked-out '71-72 conical hubs. Gives it that fat bob look. Very tough. Nice carbon fiber bits throughout also. More & moer Choppers and Bobbers are showing up to Classic British Motorcycle Shows.
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 70tri-10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 70tri-11

Admin

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty BOBBERS - 1950 TRIUMPH 650

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:18

This gorgeous pre-unit Triumph 650 started out life as a 1950 Triumph 6T Thunderbird 650. Old school all the way, it was purchased in 1955, ridden on the streets & raced on the streets & drag strips, back in the day. It was lovingly restored in 2006.
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 50tri-10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 50tri-11

Admin

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty TASTY '59 TRIUMPH CHOPPER

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:23

This delicious '59 Triumph Chopper was at the recent Central Coast Classic Motorcycle Show in San Luis Obispo. It drew a crowd of admirers all day long. Beautiful to look at & very well put together. The paint was stunning, the polished alloy parts just gleamed.
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 59tri-10

PEOPLES CHOICE IN HANFORD
This same bike was at the 2012 Hanford Show on May 19 & won the coveted "Peoples' Choice Award".

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 59tri-11

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 59tri-12

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 59tri-13

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 59tri-14

Admin

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:30

FALCON - USHERING IN A NEW AGE OF CLASSIC BRITISH MOTORCYCLES
Falcon Motorcycles has very quickly earned a reputation for building stunning showpieces that are of a level of quality & craftsmanship that rarely exist today. These bikes are mind-boggling in their attention to detail. And the best part of every Falcon Motorcycle is that it's built around a Classic British Motorcycle engine.
Falcon Bullet
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Falcon10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Falcon12

THE FALCON KESTREL

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Falcon13

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Falcon14

FALCON-VINCENT

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Falcon15

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Falcon16

Admin

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:32

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Bob-tr10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Bob-tr11

Admin

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty TRIUMPH 500

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:35

This Triumph 500 is more of a true Bobber, with short rear fender, no front fender, tiny solo seat & blacked-out rims. Notice the exhaust headers, they cross in front of the engine, switching sides.
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Bob-tr12

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Chop-t10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Chop-t11

CHOPPER OR BOBBER?
Again, who's to say? Either way, this thing is way cool, with lots of wonderful custom & one-off parts. Check out the custom finned mag cover & matching engine mounts. I especially like the finned billet oil tank with those rigid steel oil lines. Much cleaner-looking that rubber hose & clamps, don't you think? And beneath it all, on its very own frame bracket, is the Devil, thumbing his nose at...what...who? I love the uniqueness of Choppers and Bobbers.

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Chop-t12

Admin

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:36

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Bob-tr13
CHOPPERS AND BOBBERS ...AND RAT BIKES
Here's another blurry line: Bobber or Rat Bike? This is one very cool-looking machine close up. Those blacked-out 5.00 X 16" rims front & rear, the '71-72 8-inch conical hub in front & that stock tank painted in primer set the tone for the whole look. And it works! Another cool bike from the Clubman's All-British Weekend.

Admin

Message  Predicta Mer 6 Aoû - 6:37

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Chop-t13
TRIUMPH 500 UNIT TWIN
This Triumph 500 unit twin is the kind of old-school chopper that was running around in the very early 70's. The tiny front brake was too small to do any good, but necessary to make it street legal in some states.

Admin

Message  Predicta Ven 29 Aoû - 7:25

Custom Built Chopper  Licensed and insured in Ontario Canada
 Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 _57193
FRAME:
Ultima 34 degree  2”up and 4”out 200 rear hardtail
 Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Cvxcvx10
Engine:
1997 Harley Davison 1340cc professionally rebuilt in 2013 by Hot Shot Motorworks  in Ohio (installed in March 2014)  less then 100kms on it.
New pistons and rings
Radius valve job
New valve springs
Rebuilt crankshaft  
New bearings
New Gaterman lifters
New EV27 Andrews Camshaft
New S&S Oil Pump
New S&S Super “E” Carburetor
New S&S Intake manifold
New Detroit Brother billet Breather with K&N filter
New Brass and Chrome Oil Canister with extra filter
New Chrome Mini Muscle Starter 2.5 hp

This engine has been Balanced and Dyno tested at the Hot Shot Motorworks shop It has also been completely stripped and repainted factory black with highlighted fins
 Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Dfdsf16

Electrics:
Lithium 410 cranking amp batterie
New Ultima single coil programmable electronic ignition
New Drag Specialties stator and chrome rectifier
4” Old School Black and Brass Head Light
Harmonica Microphone Tail light

Primary Drive:
2’ Ultima old school belt drive polished

Transmission and final drive:
Revtech 5 Speed black and chrome Kicker with 23 tooth output sprocket RK gold chain and 48 tooth final drive sprocket
 Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Dsfsdf17
Brakes:
Rear 11.5 DNA Chrome rotor with 4 piston DNA chrome calliper and Paul Cavallo rear master cylinder
Front 11.5 DNA Chrome rotor with Jay Brake 2 piston Springer caliper and bracket Harley Dyna front master cylinder with chrome levers
Russell system II lines and connectors

Hand made and custom built parts:
Narrow Glide Springer, Custom Dished Oil Bag, Mid Controls and rear master cylinder, Exhaust and Handlebars all built by Paul Cavallo at Spitfire Motorcycles in California

Fuel Tank :
Indian Larry Dished Classic 3.5 imperial gallon
 Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Ee10

Seat:
Redtail Leather pan with brass screw inserts,  Biltwell black Macho Negro seat hinge and Bung, hairpin springs.

Wheels and tires:
60 Spoke chrome 21’ front with Avon Speedmaster
60 spoke chrome 18’ rear with 200 series Metzler 880
 Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Ff13
Fender:
Jesse James 2 ton Ho 9” with struts reshaped by Scott Johnson

Paint and body work:
Scott Johnson

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Sdqs11

Admin

Message  Predicta Ven 29 Aoû - 7:36

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 _57195
THIS BIKE HAS A TP 114 MOTOR HAS A 6 SPEED TRANS. AND IT HAS A 300 REAR TIRE

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Fxdrt10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Gfdste10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Ghfdyg10

Admin

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty Sucker Punch Sally Bobber

Message  Predicta Ven 29 Aoû - 7:41

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 _57196

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Iop10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Kolj10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Oipio10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Oipoip10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Uiouio10

Admin

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Empty Harley Davidson Rev Tech Bobber

Message  Predicta Ven 29 Aoû - 8:55

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 _57197
Santee Down & Dirty Rigid Frame, 100in. Rev Tech Engine, 5spd Rev Tech Transmission, Rev Tech Electronics & Drivetrain, Mikuni 42Carb, Paughco Z bars & Oil tank, Performance Machine Billet rear caliper, floating rotor & bracket, Indian Larry style gas tank {2-3gal}, Bullet Headlight, 21 X 2.5in. 60 spoke front rim {MH90-21 Avon Venom}, 18 X 5in. 60 spoke rear rim {180/55-r18 Avon Venom}, O'ring final drive chain, Old school mirror and spring seat, Wideglide front-end with progressive suspension lowering springs,
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Dxfdr10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Fdtdr10

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 Rt14

Admin

Message  Predicta Lun 1 Sep - 8:18

Ventura National 2014
Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 10603410

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 10394611

Bobbers & Bobbers choppers - Page 2 10360912